India University

Direct admission, Mbbs in Russia, Government Mbbs College, Mbbs at lowest package, Mbbs in Ukraine, Mbbs in Bangladesh, Mbbs in Malaysia, Mbbs in Germany, Mbbs at low cost, Mbbs in china, Study in abroad, Medical college, Medical university, Study Abroad Consultants, Overseas Education, Consultant Delhi, Study abroad, Top Overseas Education Consultants in New Delhi

India University

The higher education system in India includes both private and public universities. Public universities are supported by the Government of India and the state governments, while private universities are mostly supported by various bodies and societies. Universities in India are recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), which draws its power from the University Grants Commission Act, 1956In addition, 15 Professional Councils are established, controlling different aspects of accreditation and coordination.

These four types of universities total 819 universities together. There are universities of some kind in each of the 29 states of India as well as three of the union territories: Chandigarh, Delhi, and Puducherry. The state with the most universities is Rajasthan with 76 universities, and Rajasthan has also by far the most private universities, 46 in number. Tamil Nadu is the state with the most deemed universities, numbering 28 and Uttar Pradesh has the most state universities, 29. Uttar Pradesh also has six central universities, the largest number of all the states and territories.

Apart from the above universities, other institutions are granted the permission to autonomously award degrees. However, they do not affiliate colleges and are not officially called “universities” but “autonomous organizations” or “autonomous institutes”. They fall under the administrative control of the Department of Higher Education. These organizations include the Indian Institutes of Information Technology, Indian Institutes of Technology, the National Institutes of Technology, the various branches of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research, the Indian Institutes of Management(though these award diplomas, not degrees)and other autonomous institutes. These institutes are not listed below.

Also not listed are institutes which are under the control of the professional councils, without an approval of the UGC, e.g. Agricultural Universities, which are under the control of the Agricultural Education Division of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), one of the professional councils.

  • Postgraduate programs MD, MS, and MSc in anesthesiology, clinical pharmacology & therapeutics, dermatovenerology, ENT, internal medicine, orthopedics, pediatrics, psychiatry, radio diagnosis, and surgery
  • The MSc Nursing Program (in Community and Psychiatry Nursing)
  • BDS program
  • B.Sc. Nursing and University Certificate Nursing (staff nurse) programs

Coming Soon

Stay Tuned with Us


Session Duration – the Year 2018-2022

Coming Soon! Coming Soon!

List of Institutions in Kathmandu University

S.No Name Location Year of Established

Enquiry Form

Similar Courses in other countries



Can I enroll for a part time course in universities abroad ?

International students are not allowed to enroll for part-time courses.

Are students allowed to work during their studies abroad?

In most of the countries, students can work up to 20 hours a week during their academic term & 40 hours a week during their holidays. Countries like Singapore, does not allow part-time work to international students

Can I stay back after completing my studies?

After completion of the course, students are advised to return back to their home country. If you have been offered a full time job & have a valid visa to stay in the country you may do so.

For how long can I stay in the country on a student visa.

A student visa is normally valid for the duration of the course. You may get a grace period of 3-4 weeks to make arrangements for your return to home country.

What if I do not complete the course on time?

You need to get permission from your academic department to re-sit for the exams and also seek the help from the international office to get the visa extended for the required period of time.

Marquee Powered By Know How Media.